Twice Baked Candy Potatoes with Marshmallows are like private candy potato casseroles—the proper Thanksgiving aspect dish!
Twice Baked Candy Potatoes with Marshmallows
These Twice Baked Candy Potatoes are the epitome of consolation and nostalgia, all bundled into a pleasant bundle. The standard candy potato is reworked right into a vessel of autumnal bliss by way of baking, mashing, and re-baking. You don’t wish to miss this whimsical and conventional Thanksgiving aspect! For extra candy potato aspect dishes, do that Thanksgiving Candy Potato Casserole with Praline Topping, Mashed Candy Potato Brulee, and Candy Potato Casserole with Marshmallows.
This straightforward twice baked candy potato recipe is full of taste. The primary bake softens the candy potatoes, permitting their pure sugars to subtly caramelize and focus, bringing out a deeper, extra intense style. As soon as barely cooled, they’re hollowed out, leaving a skinny layer of candy potato to keep up construction.
The scooped-out flesh is then mashed with maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon, spooned again into the skins, and topped with mini marshmallows and pecans. The candy, fluffy marshmallows brown and puff within the oven. They’re scrumptious!
Why This Candy Potato Recipe Works
- Straightforward Parts: Particular person servings make for a extra streamlined serving course of throughout the meal, guaranteeing every visitor will get an equal and ample portion with out passing round a casserole dish.
- Seasonal Substances: Candy potatoes are in season throughout the fall, making them a contemporary and applicable selection for the Thanksgiving desk.
- Make Forward: You may prep every little thing a day forward, then add the marshmallows and pecans when able to bake.
- Household-Pleasant: Children are sometimes drawn to the marshmallow topping, making this dish an efficient method to get youthful relations enthusiastic about consuming a vegetable-heavy aspect.
Twice Baked Candy Potatoes Substances
- Candy Potatoes: Wash 4 massive candy potatoes.
- Milk: Use a 3rd cup of fat-free milk.
- Maple Syrup for sweetening the potatoes
- Vanilla Extract and Cinnamon for one of the best heat, fall taste
- Kosher Salt to stability the sweetness
- Pecans: Chop two tablespoons of pecans.
- Marshmallows: You’ll want three-quarters cup of mini marshmallows for the topping.
The best way to Make Twice Baked Candy Potatoes
- Prick the candy potatoes with a fork, and bake them at 425°F for about an hour.
- Reduce the potatoes in half and scoop out the flesh, leaving 1 / 4 inch intact.
- Candy Potato Filling: Switch it to a big bowl, mash it with a fork or potato masher, and add the milk, vanilla, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon.
- Assemble the Potatoes: Spoon the combination again into the potato skins and prime with marshmallows and pecans.
- Bake the candy potatoes at 350°F for about 10 minutes till the marshmallows are golden.
- Customise the Filling: Add elements, like a splash of bourbon as a substitute of vanilla for extra depth.
- Dairy-Free: Swap common milk with any dairy-free different, like almond milk.
- Sweetener: Change out maple with honey or brown sugar.
- Spices: Add nutmeg for extra spice, or substitute pumpkin pie spice for cinnamon.
- Nuts: Sub walnuts for pecans.
What to Serve with Twice Baked Candy Potatoes
These wholesome twice baked candy potatoes can be wonderful in your Thanksgiving Menu with all of the classics.
How lengthy and at what temperature do you reheat twice bake candy potatoes?
You may prep these candy potatoes a day early, and skip the topping and second baking. Then, add the marshmallows and pecans earlier than reheating, and bake them at 350° for 10 to twenty minutes till heat.
Twice baked candy potatoes will keep good within the fridge for as much as 4 days. Reheat them within the microwave or oven till heat.
Extra Candy Potato Recipes You’ll Love
Yield: 8 servings
Serving Measurement: 1 loaded half
Preheat oven to 425F. On a baking sheet, (lined with foil for simple clean-up if you want) prick candy potatoes throughout with a fork.
Bake till tender, or till a fork inserted within the thickest half has no resistance, 55 to 65 minutes.
Enable to chill for 10 minutes so they’re simpler to deal with. In the meantime scale back oven to 350F.
Reduce candy potatoes in half and punctiliously scoop out flesh with a metallic spoon and switch to a big bowl, leaving about ¼-inch of flesh intact.
Mash with a fork or potato masher and add the milk, vanilla, maple syrup, salt and cinnamon.
Spoon again within the potato skins leaving it fluffy, prime with marshmallows and pecans and bake 8 to 10 extra minutes, till the marshmallows are golden.
Please depart a ranking and remark letting us know the way you favored this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 loaded half, Energy: 142 kcal, Carbohydrates: 30.5 g, Protein: 2.5 g, Fats: 1.5 g, Saturated Fats: 0.5 g, Ldl cholesterol: 0.5 mg, Sodium: 106 mg, Fiber: 3.5 g, Sugar: 11 g