My favourite method to make use of leftover turkey is to make a scrumptious pot of turkey noodle soup. It’s additionally a superb method to clear out your fridge!
Turkey Noodle Soup
Don’t throw out the turkey bones after Thanksgiving! Making do-it-yourself turkey inventory with bones is the key to the best-tasting soup. I promise it’s straightforward! This Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is the right method to flip vacation leftovers right into a satisfying meal. With a wealthy, flavorful broth, tender turkey, and a mixture of greens and noodles, this soup is consolation in a bowl. For extra of my favourite soup recipes that will be nice with leftover turkey, do this On the spot Pot Hen Noodle Soup, Turkey Pot Pie Soup, and Tortilla Soup.
Why This Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe Works
- Simple: This turkey soup with egg noodles and greens is so easy. You don’t even need to sauté the onions and garlic. Simply throw all the things in a pot and simmer.
- Wholesome: This dish offers good fiber and protein with solely 131 energy and fewer than 26 grams of carbs.
- Nourishing: This heat, comforting meal offers a wide range of vitamins, similar to nutritional vitamins A, C, and Ok and potassium.
- Freezer Pleasant: This recipe for turkey noodle soup is nice for meal prep and freezing since leftovers reheat nicely.
- Home made Turkey Inventory: Make your individual inventory with leftover turkey from Thanksgiving.
- Herbs: Bay leaf, recent parsley
- Greens: Carrot, onion, celery
- Garlic: Mince two garlic cloves.
- Salt and Black Pepper to season your soup
- Noodles: I used No Yolks egg noodles.
- Turkey: You’ll want two cups of leftover shredded turkey.
Learn how to Make Turkey Noodle Soup
- Fill a big pot with the inventory, bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Simmer till the greens are comfortable.
- Remaining Elements: Put the parsley, noodles, and turkey within the inventory, and prepare dinner the pasta in response to package deal instructions.
- Serve: Discard the bay leaf and serve sizzling.
- Hen: Swap turkey with leftover hen and hen inventory. You too can use the bones from a rotisserie hen to make inventory.
- Time Saver: If you happen to don’t have time to make do-it-yourself inventory, use low-sodium canned turkey or hen inventory or broth.
- Pasta: Use no matter sorts of noodles you’ve. Rotini and elbow macaroni would work.
- Herbs: Add recent thyme, rosemary, or chives.
Learn how to Make Turkey Inventory with a Leftover Turkey Carcass
Bones create a wealthy, flavorful inventory, and it’s simpler to make than you would possibly assume. There aren’t any precise measurements—use no matter is in your fridge.
- Add all the things to a soup pot: the leftover turkey carcass with any turkey meat, an onion, a number of stalks of celery, some garlic, herbs, and the rest you discover in your fridge.
- Simmer: Cowl all the things with water, put the lid on the pot, and simmer it on low for a number of hours.
- Pressure the liquid: Toss out the bones and greens, reserve the turkey, and begin your soup.
If you happen to’re not making the soup straight away, refrigerate the inventory. Then, take away the fats from the highest. You need to use this turkey inventory recipe as a base swapping the turkey wings for leftover turkey.
What to Serve with Turkey Noodle Soup
How lengthy is soup made with leftover turkey good for?
Leftover turkey lasts for as much as 4 days. So, I’d suggest making this soup a day or two after Thanksgiving, so the soup continues to be good for at the least a day.
Are you able to freeze turkey noodle soup?
Turkey noodle soup additionally freezes nicely, so you probably have additional, freeze it in small containers for as much as three months. You possibly can both thaw it within the fridge in a single day or microwave it straight from frozen.
Do egg noodles absorb soup?
Sure, noodles absorb the broth as they sit within the liquid. To reheat the soup, chances are you’ll want so as to add just a little additional water or inventory.
Extra Leftover Turkey Thanksgiving Recipes:
Yield: 4 servings
Serving Dimension: 1 3/4 cups
Fill a big saucepan with do-it-yourself turkey inventory (or canned).
Add bay leaf, carrots, onion, celery, garlic, salt and pepper to style and simmer 10-Quarter-hour, till the greens are comfortable.
Add parsley, noodles and shredded turkey; prepare dinner in response to noodle instructions, about 5 minutes.
Discard bay leaf and serve.
Please go away a ranking and remark letting us know the way you appreciated this recipe! This helps our enterprise to thrive and proceed offering free, high-quality recipes for you.
Serving: 1 3/4 cups, Energy: 131 kcal, Carbohydrates: 25.5 g, Protein: 5 g, Fats: 0.5 g, Sodium: 57 mg, Fiber: 4.5 g, Sugar: 2.5 g