This all-purpose steak seasoning is really that — all-purpose! It’s savory with a touch of candy and can be utilized on just about any minimize of steak.
I’m not going to lie, McCormick’s Montreal Steak Seasoning is considered one of my all-time favorites (#notsponsored) — and even for seasoning issues apart from steak. It simply does its job each time. So, we determined we wanted to make our personal selfmade steak seasoning that additionally “did its job each time” however with a barely completely different taste profile and fewer elements.
That is actually the very best steak seasoning. It’s garlickly, savory, and barely candy all on the similar time. We used kosher salt, as an alternative of desk salt as a result of it clings to the meat higher (discovered this from America’s Take a look at Kitchen!). We’ve examined this steak dry rub on just about all cuts of steak and my favorites up to now are our forged iron steak and skirt steak.
What you want for this steak seasoning recipe
This steak seasoning is so extremely tasty! It brings collectively the next easy spices for final taste perfection:
- Garlic powder
- Purple pepper flakes
- Brown sugar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Kosher salt
Get our High 10 5-Star Recipes!
Be a part of our electronic mail listing for brand new recipes and BONUS: get our prime 10 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ recipes e-book!
How a lot steak seasoning do you want for 1.5 lbs. of meat?
All of it is determined by how seasoned you need your steak, however we use wherever from 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of steak seasoning for a 1.5 lb. steak.
- First, pat the steak dry with a paper towel.
- Then sprinkle the steak seasoning on prime of the steak and use your palms to therapeutic massage it into the meat. Do that on all sides of the steak for optimum taste.
- Let your steak relaxation for round half-hour with the seasoning on it earlier than cooking. This may end in tremendous flavorful and tender steak 😀
Cook dinner Seasoned Steak
You possibly can actually use any cooking methodology you would like with seasoned steak! Try some Match Foodie tutorials on other ways to cook dinner steak:
- Make it Spicier: For those who choose a spicier steak seasoning combine, add extra pink pepper flakes. For those who prefer it hot-hot, add a little bit of cayenne pepper to the combination.
- Improve the Sweetness: add a pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon into this seasoning to actually convey out the brown sugar.
Solid Iron Steak
You’ll love this steak seasoning on our forged iron steak. It’s juicy, flavorful, and completely seasoned!
Why make a big batch of this steak seasoning?
What’s nice about this recipe is that it yields 1/3 cups of steak seasoning, which is sufficient for two thick steaks, nevertheless it’s tremendous simple to double triple, or quadruple the seasoning as you’re making it to retailer for later.
Storage: Merely make a big batch utilizing the elements beneath, after which retailer in an hermetic container in your spice cabinet for as much as 3 months.
Retailer additional steak seasoning in an hermetic container within the your spice cabinet for as much as 3 months.
Add the entire elements for the steak seasoning right into a jar or small bowl and blend.
Season either side of the steaks with 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning. Therapeutic massage the seasoning into the steaks and be certain they’re utterly coated. Let the steaks sit at room temperature for half-hour – 1 hour.
Suggestions & Notes
- This recipe yields roughly 1/3 cup of steak seasoning, which is sufficient seasoning for 1.5 lbs. of steak.
Energy: 22kcal Carbohydrates: 5g Protein: 1g Fats: 0.2g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g
Pictures: images taken on this put up are by Ashley McGlaughlin from The Edible Perspective.