Are you prepared for an #AmbitiousThanksgiving?! I’ve TONS of apps, sides, mains & desserts from over time that you’ll find right here, plus lots extra coming your manner within the subsequent few weeks. This superb wholesome pumpkin pie recipe is really one among my absolute favorites to make yr after yr.
If you happen to didn’t know that pumpkin pie is one among my very favourite pies, nicely now you do. I LOVE a very good, creamy pumpkin pie and I’m 100% certain that you just don’t want a can of condensed milk to make it completely EPIC. This recipe has a number of particular components that lighten it up from conventional pumpkin pie, however I promise it tastes similar to the actual deal indulgent pie you recognize and love.
I’ve included loads of methods to customise and make this pumpkin pie your personal, plus simple suggestions for making it forward of time and even freezing it! Save time on Thanksgiving day and prepare to your visitors to swoon over this unbelievable fall dessert.
FREE Pumpkin Recipe E-Ebook
Enroll beneath and get a FREE printable e-book with my finest candy and savory pumpkin recipes straight to your inbox!
Substances in wholesome pumpkin pie
This recipe is a lightened up model of conventional pumpkin pie and I’ve made it roughly 20 occasions over the previous few years; every time I get rave evaluations about how scrumptious and creamy it’s. Listed here are the components you’ll want:
- Pumpkin puree: use an all pure, pure pumpkin puree for the last word pumpkin taste. You can even make your personal do-it-yourself pumpkin puree utilizing this tutorial.
- Eggs: you’ll want 3 eggs to present the filling the proper texture.
- Pure maple syrup: we’re naturally sweetening this wholesome pumpkin pie with a little bit of pure maple syrup.
- Coconut sugar: I like to make use of coconut sugar for extra sweetness and a scrumptious, wealthy taste. Notice that it’ll make the filling a bit darker. You can even use natural cane sugar.
- Almond milk: be at liberty to make use of any milk you need. I wish to preserve this pumpkin pie dairy free with unsweetened almond milk.
- Vanilla extract: for a bit taste increase.
- Do-it-yourself pumpkin pie spices: we’re utilizing cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice for the proper quantity of pumpkin spice taste.
What makes this pumpkin pie recipe wholesome?
Sure, this pumpkin pie is made with some better-for-you components than the standard model, however I promise it’s simply nearly as good because the pumpkin pie you’re used to from good outdated Baker’s Sq. (please inform me you recognize what that’s!)
- It’s naturally sweetened: this recipe requires only a tiny little bit of each pure maple syrup and coconut sugar (or common sugar) as an alternative of numerous refined sugar. You might be welcome to make use of common sugar when you’d like.
- It’s dairy free: we’re not utilizing any condensed milk, which is principally common milk that has had the water eliminated and sometimes has sugar added to it. It’s utilized in many thick pie fillings to sweeten and provides the pie texture. As a substitute, you’ll simply want a little bit of dairy free milk! I like to make use of unsweetened almond milk.
- It makes use of pure pumpkin: as an alternative of choosing a canned pumpkin pie filling, we’re making a do-it-yourself filling with pure pumpkin puree (bear in mind to make your personal with the following tips!) and a mix of LOTS of scrumptious spices.
Select your crust
My do-it-yourself all butter pie crust is SO scrumptious and simpler to make than you assume! Nonetheless, you can even be at liberty to make use of your favourite store-bought pie crust as nicely.
Alternatively, you possibly can completely make this pumpkin pie with none crust. I’ve examined it and it comes out excellent each time. Simply pour it right into a greased pie pan and bake as directed. This can be a nice choice when you’re feeling lazy and don’t wish to make a crust, or when you simply choose a crustless pie.
Strive a gluten free and paleo choice
If you happen to’re in search of a gluten free pumpkin pie, strive making my paleo pumpkin pie bars. They’re SO good, simple to make, and the crust is made with each almond flour and coconut flour to maintain the bars gluten free, grain free, and paleo-friendly. YUM.
Alternatively, you may make this pumpkin pie with none crust. I’ve examined it and it comes out excellent each time. Simply pour it right into a greased pie pan and bake as directed. This can be a nice choice when you’re feeling lazy and don’t wish to make a crust, or when you simply choose a crustless pie.
Can I make the filling forward of time?
Sure! Merely combine the pumpkin pie filling collectively and place it in an hermetic container within the fridge for as much as 4-5 days earlier than including it to your pie crust and baking it. It’s such an effective way to save lots of time earlier than Thanksgiving.
How you can retailer do-it-yourself wholesome pumpkin pie
As soon as your pumpkin pie is totally cooled, wrap it or place slices into hermetic containers and retailer it within the fridge for as much as 3-4 days. Get pleasure from straight from the fridge with some whipped cream, after all!
Are you able to freeze pumpkin pie?
Sure! To freeze do-it-yourself pumpkin pie merely let it cool utterly, wrap it up nicely and freeze it for as much as 1 month. Earlier than serving let the pumpkin pie thaw within the fridge in a single day. I may also counsel baking it in an aluminum pie dish so that you just don’t should freeze your good pie pan.
Watch me make this wholesome pumpkin pie recipe
Extra Thanksgiving desserts to strive
I hope you’re keen on this wholesome pumpkin pie recipe! If you happen to make it, remember to go away a remark & ranking beneath in order that I understand how you appreciated it. Get pleasure from, xoxo!
Greatest Ever Wholesome Pumpkin Pie
Creamy, wholesome pumpkin pie from scratch that naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup. This easy-to-make pumpkin pie recipe will knock your socks off! Serve with dairy free or common ice cream, or a bit whipped cream for a deal with.
- 1 pie crust
- For the pumpkin filling:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (or natural cane sugar)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon floor ginger
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Make pie crust as directed.
Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
Make the filling: In a big bowl, add the pumpkin puree, eggs, pure maple syrup, coconut sugar (or common sugar) almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, floor ginger, allspice and salt. Combine till nicely mixed and utterly clean. Pour into pie pan.
Bake for 50-60 minutes till filling is not jiggly. Verify pie after each 20 minutes to verify crust is not burning. Whether it is getting a bit too golden brown, merely cowl pie edges with foil or a pie defend.
Enable pie to chill for at the least an hour earlier than serving. Pie needs to be stored in fridge as soon as utterly cool. High with whipped cream or ice cream. Retailer pie in fridge. Serves 9.
If you happen to make this with coconut sugar, the pie filling will doubtless prove a bit darker, however nonetheless work completely and be extremely scrumptious.
You’ll be able to completely make this pumpkin pie with none crust. I’ve examined it and it comes out excellent each time. Simply pour it right into a greased pie pan and bake as directed. This can be a nice choice when you’re feeling lazy and do not wish to make a crust, or when you simply choose a crustless pie.
See the total publish for straightforward methods to retailer, freeze, and make the pie forward of time!
Serving: 1sliceEnergy: 229calCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 4.6gFats: 11.9gSaturated Fats: 6.7gFiber: 2.8gSugar: 13.3g
This publish was initially printed on November 2nd, 2018, republished on November 14th, 2023, and republished on November eleventh, 2023.